Scripture Lesson for the day: 2 Corinthians 4:1-6; Selected passages
Has life thrown you a sucker punch leaving you spiritually blinded?
“If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4, NLT).
Spiritual blindness is removed when you experience these aha moments…
AHA MOMENT #1: You are loved!
How has someone in your life communicated their love for you?
· Jesus said, “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him” (John 3:16-17, NCV).
· Paul said, “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:6-8, NIV).
· John said, “God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins” (1 John 4:9-10, NLT).
Do you realize how much God loves you? Have you experienced the full extent of God’s love?
AHA MOMENT #2: You can be rescued!
What is considered the greatest rescue mission of all time?
“Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live” (Galatians 1:4, NLT).
“God has rescued us from the power of darkness and has brought us into the kingdom of his Son, whom he loves” (Colossians 1:13, GW).
“Jesus said to him, ‘Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost’” (Luke 19:9-10, NIV).
Are you willing to let Jesus rescue you?
AHA MOMENT #3: You can be adopted!
“Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son” (Ephesians 1:4-6, NLT).
When God adopts you…
- You will have a new family! See John 1:12-13
- You will have a new name! See Revelation 2:17; Saul’s name changed to Paul after his conversion!
- You will have a new home! See John 14:1-3
Are you spiritually blinded from all that life has thrown at you?
Closing Challenge: The toxic cloud of spiritual blindness can be replaced through some aha moment realities about who you are in Jesus! Will you accept these realities as your own and allow God through Jesus Christ to heal your spiritual blindness that you may be experiencing?
Share on Facebook